Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Muhammadu Buhari addressed members of the country’s Under-17 team via Skype as they prepare to take on Mali in the final of the junior world tourney taking place in Chile.
Addressing the team via Skype on Saturday, Buhari urged them to do it for Nigeria because it will inspire other young Nigerians to achieve the maximum in their fields of endeavor.
The Skype call with the president ended with a rendition of the national anthem. The golden eaglets square up against Mali in the tournament’s last game on Sunday.
- 268 Nigerians arrive from China
- Niger State plans to modernise local Islamic schools
- “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”- Nigeria is haunted by the Biafran war
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English
- President Buhari reconstitutes NNPC board
- We have worked hard for our COVID-19 free status- Cross River Govt
- Nigeria has failed to bring justice for mass atrocities committed during the Biafran war
- Six Airforce personnel jailed over Alex Badeh’s killing
- Former GMD of NNPC, Maikanti Baru is dead
- Obiano signs COVID-19 Prevention Bill into law