Estimated Reading Time: <1
A member of the seventh House of Representatives, Hon. Bamidele Faparusi, has warned that the opposition Peoples Democratic Party may hijack that legislative arm should the feud between the Speaker, Hon. Yakubu Dogara and the House Leader, Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila over the constitution of the standing committees persists.
Faparusi, who represented Ekiti South Federal Constituency 2, says that Dogara must ensure unity among All Progressives Congress members for the change being canvassed by the federal government not to be a mirage.
He added that the warning became expedient in view of the gale of resignations by some members of APC who were made committees’ chairmen by the Dogara-led House.
- The Vice President did not collect N4 Billion from Magu – Laolu Akande
- Federal government approves N108 billion for road projects
- Nigeria to review her foreign policy in order to reflect current realities
- “‘Indictment’ reinforces our position that the EFCC, under his watch, has been a huge scam” – PDP on Ibrahim Magu
- Ose Anenih: Change and the Institutionalisation of Corruption
- Imo Governor queries IMSU VC over non-payment of staff salaries
- FG cancels resumption of schools, withdraws unity schools from 2020 WASSCE
- PHOTOS: Domestic flights resume in Nigeria’s airports
- Airborne transmission of COVID-19 cannot be ruled out says WHO
- Breaking: Ondo Assembly suspends deputy speaker