Estimated Reading Time: <1
Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo is tired of comparisons with Barcelona rival Lionel Messi and understands why some people must dislike his personality or the ways he sees football. Speaking ahead of the release of his personal film “Ronaldo”, the FIFA World Player of the Year told Reuters TV that he is “not a fake person.”
“I have my style, he has his style, his own style,” he said of Messi, his greatest rival. “We have to respect that people compare all the time. And it is normal, we are compared since we are babies, I don´t mean me and Messi but all the persons in school. Who is more clever, who is more fast, it´s normal, it´s part of the life.
“It does not surprise me any more but some times it makes me tired because it´s always same thing and they still repeat and repeat, one year, another year, every year.”
Ronaldo to why people may dislike him, he said:
“Maybe the way I am, my personality, the way I see football. I´m not a fake person. It´s normal, it´s part of the business. No one can control that”.
- Buhari extends NCC boss, Danbatta’s tenure
- Police arrest Abuja lawyer defending women in a sexual assault case amidst national protest against sexual violence
- Appeal Court rules in favour of Audu Maikori, awards 10.5M in damages
- 3 Brothers Arrested For The Kidnap & Murder Of a 55 Year Old Mother In Abuja
- Covid-19: Kano commences house to house testing
- COVID-19 patients can now be discharged between 10 to 14 days – Ihekweazu
- Just In: Anambra State axis of the River Niger Bridge on fire
- AfDB bows to US pressure; authorises independent probe of Akinwumi Adesina
- COVID-19 Update: Total infections hit 11,516 as Nigeria records 350 new cases
- Senators visit Orji Uzo Kalu to celebrate his release from prison