Estimated Reading Time: <1
Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo is tired of comparisons with Barcelona rival Lionel Messi and understands why some people must dislike his personality or the ways he sees football. Speaking ahead of the release of his personal film “Ronaldo”, the FIFA World Player of the Year told Reuters TV that he is “not a fake person.”
“I have my style, he has his style, his own style,” he said of Messi, his greatest rival. “We have to respect that people compare all the time. And it is normal, we are compared since we are babies, I don´t mean me and Messi but all the persons in school. Who is more clever, who is more fast, it´s normal, it´s part of the life.
“It does not surprise me any more but some times it makes me tired because it´s always same thing and they still repeat and repeat, one year, another year, every year.”
Ronaldo to why people may dislike him, he said:
“Maybe the way I am, my personality, the way I see football. I´m not a fake person. It´s normal, it´s part of the business. No one can control that”.
- Anambra lawmakers take compulsory COVID-19 tests
- Help APC tackle online critics – Umahi charges new Caretaker committee
- Selling public assets will boost the economy – Finance Minister
- We reduced the number of out of school children from 10.1 million in 2019 to 6.9 million in 2020 – Education Minister
- COVID-19: African countries are left behind by developed nations in the race for vaccines – WHO
- FAAC shares N619.343Billion between FG, States and LGAs
- COVID-19: Nigerian Governors dissociate from Yahaya Bello’s anti-vaccine statements
- Health workers and senior political leaders to receive Nigeria’s first COVID-19 vaccine doses in February
- Nigerians spend more money because government does not provide basic amenities – Akinwunwi Adesina
- EndSARS: Police apologize for the excesses of officers during protests