Estimated Reading Time: <1
Senator representing Kaduna Central Senatorial district, Senator Shehu Sani, has cautioned Governor Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai over what he described as reckless statements.
The All Progressive Congress (APC) Senator who has been opposed to El-Rufai on some issues in the state described as ‘irresponsible’ a statement recently credited to the Governor asking those aggrieved over appointments to climb the Kufena Mountain and fall.
Senator Sani replied the governor on the Kufena Mountain saga while receiving the youth group? from Southern Kaduna who paid him a courtesy visit in his Kaduna Office.
“The positive aspect of the Governor’s proclamation on the Kufena Mountain is that, he has put it on a national discourse and it has become a tourist attraction for people who want to see where the opposition are supposed to go climb, fall and die.
“But in a serious sense, it is an irresponsible statement to have called on people who voted us into power to climb such a hill, fall and to die.
“My advise to all the opposition forces in Kaduna State, is that we should turn Kufena hills into our meeting place to demand for good governance, accountability and government without arrogance,” Sani said.
“The future of Southern Kaduna cannot be realised due to greed and sycophancy of their elites.” On the alleged marginalisation of the people of Southern Kaduna, he said.
“The younger generation of Southern Kaduna must continue to mount pressure on the state government and continue to irritate the ears of the federal government at the national level on development of the region.
“What happened in the past is likely to happen under this government. So the people of Southern Kaduna people must continue to challenge the Government of the state to demand equal opportunity and equal representation and you must not allow yourself to continue to play the second fiddle nor should you rest on bronze medal. You must be respected and the only way to get your respect is to continue to challenge the establishment and political order in the state.?”
- Nigeria’s oil production drops to 1.3 million bpd – OPEC
- Federal Government approves National Gender Action Plan on Climate Change
- Sharia court in Kano sentences 60 year old Man to death by stoning for Rape
- Former US Ambassador to Nigeria, Walter Carrington, Dies at 90
- How are bandits getting weapons? Buhari queries Service Chiefs
- UNILAG Vice-Chancellor, Ogundipe responds to sack notice. Says it is a ‘figment of the imagination’
- Borno Governor appoints new Chief Of Staff
- Insecurity: Allow responsible citizens carry weapons, Benue Governor tells FG
- Transportation costs might increase as Lagos government introduces new taxes
- Film Censors Board issues 30-day notice on mandatory content registration