Estimated Reading Time: <1
Senators elected on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party on Wednesday said they never supported emergence of the President of the Senate, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki.
They said the luck Saraki had was that he was returned unopposed as Senate president. The Senate Minority Leader, Senator Godswill Akpabio, made this known on Thursday.
Akpabio said the PDP caucus staged a walk-out during the confirmation of a former Governor of Rivers State, Rotimi Amaechi, and 17 others because they did not want to participate in illegality.
He added that the PDP senators decided not to participate i?n what he described as a “charade confirmation” because they have responsibilities to Nigerians.
According to him: “We never supported Saraki during the election because he was returned unopposed.
“We staged a walk-out because we felt that there is total breach in the law.
“You will notice that our colleagues never wanted to hear our views.”
- Algeria, Kenya, Libya and others affected as UAE stop new visas to citizens of 13 mostly Muslim countries
- Senate invite Communications Minister over insecurity
- #EndSARS: Federal Government reaches out to UK over sanction threats
- Nigerian Government may soon reopen land borders
- Breaking: Diego Maradona is dead
- Police on escort duty shoot 17 year old girl, others in Bayelsa
- Nnamdi Kanu’s trial to begin in absentia
- Ondo lawmakers divided over deputy speaker’s impeachment
- Finance Minister says Nigeria’s land borders will be reopened soon
- ‘Nigerian airlines are safe’; NCAA insists