Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP senators say despite the row that followed the confirmation of Rotimi Amaechi yesterday, they still have strong confidence in the leadership of the senate president, Bukola Saraki.
One of the PDP senators, Gershom Bassey who spoke with the News Agency of Nigeria, NAN today, said they will continue to support Saraki as he faces his trial at the Code of Conduct Tribunal.
“We have had two votes of confidence on him and they stand. He has the confidence of the Senate and there is absolutely no problem. In spite of the disagreement between the APC and PDP senators, nothing has changed.
In democracy, people must have different points of view and we must express those points of view. The Senate is a vibrant one that has a lot of vibrant debates; the Senate is not a football team that we all have to play in the same direction,” he said.
Also speaking, Senator George Sekibo who submitted the petition against Amaechi to the Senate maintained that PDP senators were still behind Saraki.
- Just In: Schools across Nigeria remain closed – here’s all you need to know about the lifted restrictions
- In Nigeria, domestic flights to resume Operations from June 21
- Breaking: Religious gatherings can now resume – FG
- Edo Polls: Obaseki seeks Buhari’s intervention
- Breaking: APC governors converge in Abuja for crucial meeting on Obaseki
- Police confirms assassination of district head, APC chairman by bandits
- Breaking: Nigerian Govt reduces petrol pump price to N121.50 per litre
- Breaking: Tribunal rejects party’s request to join petition in Bayelsa governorship dispute
- Salawa Abeni’s 19 year old blackmailer has been arrested
- “Aboki” and the dangers of othering in Nigeria