Estimated Reading Time: <1
Super Eagles Head Coach Sunday Oliseh has invited 23 players, including USA –based Obafemi Martins and six home –based professionals, for the Super Eagles’ 2018 World Cup qualifying fixture against Swaziland.
The two –legged fixture is slated to take place on the 13th and 17 of next month with the first leg to be played in Lobamba in Swaziland while the return leg will be at the Adokiye Amiesiamaka Stadium in Port Harcourt.
Martins, who last featured for the national team two years ago, has been in great form in the Major League Soccer, notching up 17 goals and 13 assists, setting the club’s single-season marks for most goals and most points, and tying the assist record.
The list also includes six home–based professionals, who all played notable roles in Nigeria’s qualification for the 4th African Nations Championship at the expense of Burkina Faso, are in the 23 –man squad.
Chelsea of England midfielder John Mikel Obi, Portugal–based former junior internationals Dele Alampasu and Abdullahi Shehu and Arsenal FC’s Alex Iwobi are also invited, as well as former junior international defender Wilfred Ndidi.
Oliseh has directed that all the players arrive at the Bolton White Apartments, Abuja on Sunday, November 8 as training commences same day by 7pm.
- Governor Ayade swears in 3rd acting chief judge in 11 months, as lawyers protest
- #EndSARS protests: Lagos considers closure of schools
- Leave the road and let’s talk; Sanwo-Olu begs #EndSARS protesters
- 181 students, staff test positive for COVID-19 in Lagos private school
- Breaking: Another Prison attacked and inmates freed in Edo
- Nigerian lawmaker backs #EndSARS protesters
- Just In: Defence minister warns protesters against undermining National Security #EndSARS
- “The ongoing protests show that there is hidden agenda, APC on #EndSARS
- Protesters block airport road as Soldiers take over #EndSARS locations in Abuja
- Breaking: Edo State Government declares 24-hour curfew #EndSARS