Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Chris Nomjov
Senators of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), reportedly held a closed door meeting on Wednesday evening; to discuss the confirmation of Rotimi Amaechi and other ministerial nominees, yet to be confirmed.
It is expected that the confirmation or otherwise of Amaechi, alongside other 17 ministerial nominee, would take place during Thursday’s plenary session.
Following the conclusion of the screening on Wednesday, PDP Senators reportedly held a private meeting at Senate Hearing Room 1.
A source privy to discussions at the meeting revealed that the PDP needed to meet to take a uniform decision on tomorrow’s confirmation.
“You know we have just concluded the screening of the remaining nominees. We need to meet to ask some critical questions on some of the nominees. We need to take collective decision as a caucus.
“Some of the nominees impressed, others did not. Some of them are controversial, others are not. We need to resolve and agree on our voting pattern. We are a caucus and we should be seen to vote as a block. It is normal in every political arrangement.”
- Lagos govt says negotiations are ongoing with manufacturers to make COVID-19 vaccines available
- “Scammers bent on defrauding job seekers” -EFCC raise alert
- Just In: Nigeria orders immediate closure of enrollment activities at NIMC Headquarters
- Nigerian Military decimate Boko Haram camp in Borno
- Borno state Governor says south-easterners should negotiate for power rather than expect others to leave it for them
- Islamic State terrorists raid Nigeria’s military base in Marte, Borno
- ..had gone to the pharmacy to buy medicine …..How Gunmen abduct Imo State University lecturer
- Lagos Government releases work-from-home directive; Grade 14 & below to resume Feb 1
- Yoweri Museveni of Uganda wins 6th term re-election
- Rovers of Calabar to square up against 3SC in NNL season opening match