Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Chris Nomjov
Senators of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), reportedly held a closed door meeting on Wednesday evening; to discuss the confirmation of Rotimi Amaechi and other ministerial nominees, yet to be confirmed.
It is expected that the confirmation or otherwise of Amaechi, alongside other 17 ministerial nominee, would take place during Thursday’s plenary session.
Following the conclusion of the screening on Wednesday, PDP Senators reportedly held a private meeting at Senate Hearing Room 1.
A source privy to discussions at the meeting revealed that the PDP needed to meet to take a uniform decision on tomorrow’s confirmation.
“You know we have just concluded the screening of the remaining nominees. We need to meet to ask some critical questions on some of the nominees. We need to take collective decision as a caucus.
“Some of the nominees impressed, others did not. Some of them are controversial, others are not. We need to resolve and agree on our voting pattern. We are a caucus and we should be seen to vote as a block. It is normal in every political arrangement.”
- Lagos State Police warn against rallies and protests on October 1
- Federal Executive Council estimates N13.08trn for 2021 fiscal year
- Buhari to address Nigerians for 60th Independence Anniversary
- Just In: Governor Ben Ayade gives out 54 SUVs to LG chairmen, deputies
- Breaking: Emirates airlines resumes flight Operations in Nigeria
- Here’s why the Lagos state Government is cancelling Independence day Parade
- Oba of Benin has asked the PDP not to control Godwin Obaseki
- Former Governor Ayodele Fayose says PDP must retire Olabode George
- Buhari swears in four new permanent secretaries
- Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill passes first reading