Estimated Reading Time: <1
As a follow-up to the meeting held by President Muhammadu Buhari with Sokoto State Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal and Senator Aliyu Magatakarda Wamakko over the choice of Sokoto’s ministerial nominee, Ms. Aisha Abubakar, an enlarged gathering of All Progressives Congress (APC) stakeholders, today, Thursday, 22/10/2015, received in audience, the Sokoto nominee for further consultations.
A statement issued by Tambuwal’s spokesman, Malam Imam Imam said the meeting, which held at the Presidential Lodge in Sokoto, had in attendance, Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, National Vice Chairman of the APC in North West, Inuwa Abdulkadir, state executive committee members of the party, members of national and state assemblies and leaders of the party in the 23 local government areas of the state.
Speaking while declaring the meeting open, Tambuwal said the gathering was convened to brief the stakeholders the outcome of his meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari.
He said as loyal and respected members of the party, it is only wise to give the members feedback and to admit Ms. Abubakar into their fold for further consultations.
The outcome of the fruitful meeting will be communicated to the appropriate organs of the APC at state and national levels.
- Ibrahim Magu, former acting EFCC Chairman accused of failing to account for 332 real estate properties recovered
- Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami justifies approval to sell five sea vessels holding crude oil and diesel
- Human rights lawyer, Femi Falana denies receiving N28m from Ibrahim Magu
- “My involvement in that political process ended after the elections of 2011” – Sambo Dasuki denies campaigning for President Buhari in 2015
- UK denies Nigerian airline landing permit to evacuate stranded citizens
- Leader of ‘One Million Boys’ shot dead in Ibadan
- Doctors in Lagos State begin warning strike on Monday
- National Theatre handed over to bankers’ committee for renovation
- LASG seals 33 hotels, bars, restaurants, others for violating reopening protocols
- Bollywood Superstars Amitabh Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai Test Positive For COVID-19