Estimated Reading Time: <1
Directorate of State Security (DSS) in Lagos is reported to have arrested the Director of Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu.
In statement published by Radio Biafra on twitter, Kanu was arrested Saturday, September 17, 2015.
However, the Deputy Director, Uche Mefor expressed the family’s determination and resolved to carry on with the project of Biafra restoration.
“Mazi Nnamdi Kanu is and remains our Director and Leader of the struggle. Every structure of the IPOB remains intact. All family meetings must go on as usual. We enjoin all members and principal officers to stay active and never give up faith. If they think that detaining of the Director will shake our resolve, they better think again. Rather discourage, it will spur us all the more to action.” Uche Concluded.
Notwithstanding the recent development, the statement added that Radio Biafra and Biafra Television will continue with their broadcast as usual.
- Ondo Deputy Governor to contest under Zenith labour party
- More repentant Boko Haram fighters to be rehabilitated – MNJTF
- APC wins Nasarawa Central state constituency bye-election
- The remains of the late former senator, Buruju Kashamu, buried in Ijebu
- North East governors rally support for military fighting the Boko Haram in the region
- Kashamu loved Nigeria dearly but he was grossly misunderstood, Mr Reuben Abati says his late running mate groomed him
- Ekweremadu says the political crises in Edo state is an affront to Nigerian democracy
- US warn its citizens against travelling to Nigeria over the coronavirus pandemic
- “Nigerians will watch out for Obasanjo’s own end” – Ayodele Fayose upset about Obasanjo’s letter on Kashamu’s death
- Nigerians react as some Lagos churches reopen today amid fear of COVID-19