Estimated Reading Time: <1
The All Progressives Congress in Sokoto State on Friday rejected the nomination of A’isha Abubakar as the ministerial nominee from the state.
The News Agency of Nigeria ( NAN) reports that the decision was taken during a stakeholders meeting of the party presided by Governor Aminu Tambuwal.
The state chairman of the party, Usman Danmadamin-Isa, who briefed newsmen on the outcome of the meeting said the decision to reject the nominee was unanimous.
”The meeting discussed the nomination of one lady called A’isha as the nominee from Sokoto state and we have rejected her nomination.
”We have out rightly rejected her nomination because she is not a card-carrying member of the party in the state and nobody knows her, while she knows nobody in the state.
”We have also resolved to, respectfully, write to President Muhammadu Buhari to replace her with another more competent person,” he said.
Mr. Danmadamin-Isa further explained that the party rejected the nominee because she hailed from the same local government with the state governor.
The meeting was also attended by members of the national and state assemblies from the state and other key stakeholders of the party, including Inuwa Abdulkadir, the party’s Zonal Vice Chairman, North West.
- NITDA to implement digital economy policy, strategy plan
- Court strikes out charges against Senator Adeleke, over exam malpractice
- Ya’u Usman Idris appointed as DG of Nigeria Nuclear Regulatory Authority
- Hadiza El-Rufai: When emotional intelligence is social distancing
- Human rights commission calls for action in addressing Almajiri children
- May 29: Buhari lists achievements over the last five years; here’s the full account
- Just In: Nigeria confirms 8,915 Coronavirus cases
- Buhari at United Nations high-level meeting advocates for debt cancellation
- Katsina Governor, Masari, lifts ban on Juma’at and church services
- Confusion in Cross River as electoral commission issues 4 day notice for local govt election