Estimated Reading Time: <1
Super Eagles coach, Sunday Oliseh has pulled out Saturday’s African Nations Championship (CHAN) tie between Nigeria and Burkina Faso in Port-Harcourt due to ill-health.
Oliseh, who was in charge during Super Eagles double-header friendlies against Congo DR and Cameroon in Belgium is taking time out to take care of his ailing body ahead of other major matches in the coming month.
According to statement released on the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) on Wednesday evening, the former Super Eagles captain will not be available on Saturday, but may likely return to the team’s camp in Port Harcourt on Sunday.
“Owing to ill health,coach @SundayOOliseh won’t be available for Saturday’s CHAN qualifier vs Burkina Faso.He joins the team on Sunday”, the tweet reads on Wednesday.
- “Governance is not magic” – Babatunde Fashola says Nigerians are looking for results in the wrong place
- “It makes no sense for oil to be cheaper in Nigeria than in Saudi Arabia” – Buhari
- Just In: No fewer than 20 #RevolutionNow protesters arrested in Lagos
- Cheta Nwanze: Between the bar and the bench
- Tinubu says Lagos is an example of the success story of Nigeria
- Nigeria At 60: Let the Nigerian youth keep sleeping
- Nigeria’s diversity can be built on, to become a source of strength – CDD
- Nigeria@60: Full text of President Buhari’s Independence Anniversary Speech
- Nigeria@60: Atiku calls for youth-centred development plan
- Lagos State Police warn against rallies and protests on October 1