Estimated Reading Time: <1
The ministerial nominee from Kwara state and the National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress, Alhaji Lai Mohammed insisted that he deserved the ministerial nomination from Kwara state which nobody, or group of persons could deny him.
Lai Mohammed in his reaction, to journalists in Ilorin, to counter protest against his ministerial nomination insisted that himself and his family registered in Oro, his hometown,adding that he contributed in no small means to the development of the party in his local government and the success of the member of house of representatives from that area and challenged the protesters? to cross check these facts.
The ministerial nominee who admitted that he was not in Kwara state during the elections also said that his national assignment to the party during the period was more important than coming to cast a single vote in kwara state.
He further said that since nobody could deny him of being a citizen of Kwara state, he reserved the right to stay in Lagos or any part of Nigeria and so he deserved the ministerial nomination.
The APC spokesman also explained that the emergence of his son as a member of Lagos state house of assembly was his own political reward for his service to the people of the area which they willingly gave him,and so had nothing to do with his own nomination as a minister.
- Lagos govt says negotiations are ongoing with manufacturers to make COVID-19 vaccines available
- “Scammers bent on defrauding job seekers” -EFCC raise alert
- Just In: Nigeria orders immediate closure of enrollment activities at NIMC Headquarters
- Nigerian Military decimate Boko Haram camp in Borno
- Borno state Governor says south-easterners should negotiate for power rather than expect others to leave it for them
- Islamic State terrorists raid Nigeria’s military base in Marte, Borno
- ..had gone to the pharmacy to buy medicine …..How Gunmen abduct Imo State University lecturer
- Lagos Government releases work-from-home directive; Grade 14 & below to resume Feb 1
- Yoweri Museveni of Uganda wins 6th term re-election
- Rovers of Calabar to square up against 3SC in NNL season opening match