Estimated Reading Time: <1
A former Governor of Kaduna state, Malam Balarabe Musa, says he is disappointed at President Muhammadu Buhari’s ministerial list arguing that that there is nothing spectacular about the names.
According to him, “why did it take the President four months to come up with these names? I believe this is the question that many informed Nigerians should ask.
“These are the same old names, ordinary Nigerians who the President knows and he must have even met them several times. So, what is particular about them that he wasted so much time in appointing them ministers.
“But there are about two or three who I can say are distinguished among them like, Audu Ogbeh who I have known for a very long time.
We were together during the Second Republic. “He was a minister while I was governor then. Audu Ogbeh has an outstanding public record that everybody knows.”
The Senate President, Bukola Saraki announced to the Senators 21 ministerial nominees.
They were contained in the list forwarded to him last week Wednesday, September 30 by President Muhammadu Buhari.
The nominees are, Abubakar Malami (SAN): Abdurahman Bello Dambazzau; Aisha Jumai Al Hassan; Alhaji Lai Mohammed; Babatunde Raji Fashola; Adebayo Shittu; Solomon Dalong; Senator Chris Ngige; Rotimi Amaechi; and Chief Audu Ogbeh.
Others are, Mrs. Amina Ibrahim; Dr. Osagie Ehaneri; Emmanuel Kachukwu; Dr. Kayode Fayemi; Eng. Suleiman Adamu; Mrs. Kemi Adeosun; Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu; Hon. Ahmed Musa Bello; Ibrahim Usman Jubrin; Senator Hadi Serika; Senator Udo Udoma.
- Northerners met in Kaduna to begin the search for Buhari’s successor
- Breaking: Villagers killed in fresh attacks and reprisals in Kaduna
- Explosives detonated at Governor Wike’s father’s Church in Port Harcourt
- Just In: Borno Governor led residents at Zabarmari for the funeral of 43 farmers beheaded by Boko Haram terrorist
- Breaking: Nigeria’s President Buhari confirms the beheading of 43 Borno rice farmers by Boko Haram
- Former Governor of Ebonyi State, Sen. Sam Egwu has asked security agencies to arrest him
- Update: 43 bodies recovered as Boko Haram terrorists slit throats of Borno farmers
- Federal Housing Authority to publish names of Nigerians indebted to the agency in national dailies – Here’s why
- Breaking: Here are the 2020 candidates that emerged winners of the Future Awards Africa
- Breaking: Boko Haram beheads 43 farmers in Zabarmari, Maiduguri