Estimated Reading Time: <1
Citizens of Plateau State have urged President Muhammadu Buhari and the Sultanate not to interfere in the activities of the Election Petition Tribunals in the State but rather intervene in the persistent clashes between Fulani and Berom in the State.
The citizens identified as Greater Together Voice, GTV who passed a “vote of no confidence” on Governor Simon Lalong on his four months of governance also faulted the Governor on the manner he is handling the lingering crises in the State.
In a statement issued in Jos at the weekend and signed by Mssrs Azi Madaki and Nanpak Gono, the group’s Public Relations Officer and Assistant Public Relations Officer respectively, they called on the Governor to balance the “lopsided and infamous appointments so far made in the State.”
The statement reads, “We lend our voices to the maladministration, misrule, misgovernance and the total abandonment of the rule of law by the four months old All Progressives Congress, APC government of Governor Simon Lalong.
“We call to order the Governor’s directionless administration to not only retrace its steps but take urgent initiatives to provide good governance in the State and fulfill all campaign promises made to the populace.
“The Greater Together Voice is hereby passing a vote of no confidence on the Lalong administration in its 100 days in office and therefore call on President Buhari and the Sultanate not to interfere in the activities of the Election Petition Tribunals in Plateau State.
“They should come to the rescue of the people of Plateau North, particularly the Berom ethnic group which on the verge of extinction through the genocidal activities of the Fulani militia who believe that with the President as their grand patron, they are infallible.”
- Ayodele Fayose allege irregularities in the recently conducted South-West Congress of the PDP, describing the exercise as a “scam”
- Buhari appoints First Lady’s biographer as Nigeria’s ambassador to UNESCO
- Lady rejects marriage proposal over insult to political father, Kwankwaso
- 24 hours after arrest, Okorocha remains in EFCC custody
- ‘It Is Not True’ Federal Government denies Obaseki’s allegation of printing N60Billion
- #SaabGate: Omojuwa accuses Ezekwesili of betrayal
- 2023: ‘The president should come from south-east’ says Osita Chidoka
- Just in: Colonel Ahmed Usman, former Military Administrator, is dead
- JAMB cancels email requirement for registration, announces new guidelines
- Zamfara First Lady appoints 20 Miyetti Allah members as special assistants