Estimated Reading Time: <1
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has again hailed the Nigerian military for its string of successes in the battle against Boko Haram, saying the impressive performance has shown that the terror group can indeed be defeated within the time stipulated by President Muhammadu Buhari.
In a statement issued in Lagos on Sunday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party said the continued push to
dislodge the terrorists from their fortress in Sambisa Forest and elsewhere, the dismantling of their major fuel depot and other logistics
and the rescue of many innocent people from the clutches of the terrorists are clear indications that the military has gained the upper hand against Boko Haram.
It said the mere fact that the terrorists are now surrendering in droves to the gallant troops of the Nigerian military is the clearest indication
yet that the bandits are feeling the tremendous heat which has been turned on them.
APC urged the troops to continue with their gallantry and patriotism until they have finally silenced the terror group that has caused the nation so much pain, stressing the need to step up intelligence gathering to stop the lone wolf suicide bombers.
The party also commended the Service Chiefs for their leadership, saying their personal examples – which have seen them on the battle front many times – have made all the difference in motivating their troops.
”The bigger picture of the impending Boko Haram defeat is the restoration of the much-vaunted capability of the Nigerian military and its
globally-acclaimed professionalism that have vaulted Nigeria to the elite group of top global peace-keeping nations.
”The sharp turnaround in the war against Boko Haram, which had hitherto seen the terrorists gaining territories and striking at times and places of their own choosing, is also an indication of what a nation can achieve under a purposeful, committed, disciplined and sincere leadership,” it said.
APC reiterated its appeal to all Nigerians to continue to support and pray for the troops, many of whom are paying the supreme price even as we write in order to ensure the safety and security of all Nigerians and the stability,
- Nigeria to review her foreign policy in order to reflect current realities
- “‘Indictment’ reinforces our position that the EFCC, under his watch, has been a huge scam” – PDP on Ibrahim Magu
- Ose Anenih: Change and the Institutionalisation of Corruption
- Imo Governor queries IMSU VC over non-payment of staff salaries
- FG cancels resumption of schools, withdraws unity schools from 2020 WASSCE
- PHOTOS: Domestic flights resume in Nigeria’s airports
- Airborne transmission of COVID-19 cannot be ruled out says WHO
- Breaking: Ondo Assembly suspends deputy speaker
- Just In: An explosion on Oil mining lease 40 operated by NNPC has killed workers
- Doctors in Cross River State suspend strike