Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, has finally tied the knot with his rumoured heartthrob, Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa, the daughter of the Lamido of Adamawa, Muhammadu Barkindo-Musdafa.
The 18-year old becomes the emir’s fourth wife. She recently completed secondary school and is been enrolled for advanced level studies.
In addition to his first wife, Sadiya, who is the daughter of the late emir of Kano, Ado Bayero, Mr. Sanusi has two other wives — Maryam and Rakiya.
PREMIUM TIMES reports that the secret wedding was contracted in a low-keyed ceremony in the town of Yola on Friday.
Palace sources in Yola said the wedding fatiha held inside Lamido’s palace minutes after Jumma’at prayer.
Insiders say that the influential emir only sent out invitation to some dignitaries across the country, as Kano government officials sneaked into Yola for the wedding fatiha to avoid journalists.
The Kano State Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, was said to have acted as the guardian for the groom, while his Adamawa counterpart, Jibrilla Bindow, played the role of the bride’s guardian, who gave her hands out in marriage to the monarch.
- FEC approves N10.6bn for roads in Kogi, Gombe and Adamawa States
- Doctors at Kogi Federal Medical Center begin Indefinite strike over armed attack
- Domestic flights to resume July 8 at Lagos, Abuja airports
- Suspended National Broadcasting Commission DG re-arraigned over ‘N2.5 billion fraud
- Lagos airport gets N2.2bn for runway extension
- Former chairperson of NSITF, Ngozi Olejeme, forfeits 48 properties
- Federal government increases petrol price to N143.80
- BudgIT launches open Nigerian states data portal
- National Assembly suspends special public works programme
- Ondo governorship polls; INEC suspends registration of new voters