Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, has finally tied the knot with his rumoured heartthrob, Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa, the daughter of the Lamido of Adamawa, Muhammadu Barkindo-Musdafa.
The 18-year old becomes the emir’s fourth wife. She recently completed secondary school and is been enrolled for advanced level studies.
In addition to his first wife, Sadiya, who is the daughter of the late emir of Kano, Ado Bayero, Mr. Sanusi has two other wives — Maryam and Rakiya.
PREMIUM TIMES reports that the secret wedding was contracted in a low-keyed ceremony in the town of Yola on Friday.
Palace sources in Yola said the wedding fatiha held inside Lamido’s palace minutes after Jumma’at prayer.
Insiders say that the influential emir only sent out invitation to some dignitaries across the country, as Kano government officials sneaked into Yola for the wedding fatiha to avoid journalists.
The Kano State Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, was said to have acted as the guardian for the groom, while his Adamawa counterpart, Jibrilla Bindow, played the role of the bride’s guardian, who gave her hands out in marriage to the monarch.
- Algeria, Kenya, Libya and others affected as UAE stop new visas to citizens of 13 mostly Muslim countries
- Senate invite Communications Minister over insecurity
- #EndSARS: Federal Government reaches out to UK over sanction threats
- Nigerian Government may soon reopen land borders
- Breaking: Diego Maradona is dead
- Police on escort duty shoot 17 year old girl, others in Bayelsa
- Nnamdi Kanu’s trial to begin in absentia
- Ondo lawmakers divided over deputy speaker’s impeachment
- Finance Minister says Nigeria’s land borders will be reopened soon
- ‘Nigerian airlines are safe’; NCAA insists