Estimated Reading Time: <1
Nigerian Military have arrested 43 suspected Boko Haram terrorists including one of the Boko Haram kingpins in the area, Bulama Modu who is an ‘Amir’ of Bulakuri.
In a statement issued by Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman, Acting Director Army Public Relations, the troops also rescued 241 women and children during the operation.
To further confirm what was said earlier about the terrorists abandoning their commanders and burying weapons, one Mohammed Modu led troops to where he buried his AK-47 rifle at Jangurori village. Apart from arms and ammunitions, bows and arrows recovered from Bulama Modu, the kingpin. He confirmed that the terrorists also gave him a horse to enhance his deadly pursuits.
Similary, the gallant troops arrested one suspected Boko Haram terrorist, Aji Gambo, at Wudla village who revealed that the Boko Haram terrorists that attacked Kirawa and Kolofata in the northern part of Cameroon were from Dara Jamel village Nigeria, where they had an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) factory. He further stated that the suicide bombers and the IED were prepared by Abdulrahaman Alkali Isa, Ba’ana Hisuba and Alkali Isa Karami, natives of Dara Jamel. He however added that the perpetrators have fled to Sumbulum village.
The Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General TY Buratai who keeps close tap on the progress of the troops has commended them for their impressive performance thus far.
The troops who are on very high spirits have reiterated their determination to continue with the fight against Boko Haram terrorists till they clear them from all known camps and enclaves.
- “Gambari was an Abacha man” – Wole Soyinka says Buhari’s Chief of Staff is part of the structure
- Nigeria records 328 new cases of COVID-19, total number infections now 11, 844
- Miyetti Allah President has said Fulani’s own Nigeria and will rule forever
- Breaking: NNPC raises alarm over contaminated diesel offered across Nigeria
- Going Green; Nigeria and sustainable architecture
- Gov Yahaya Bello lifts lockdown in Kabba-Bunu, insists Kogi Is COVID-19 free
- Nigerians should emulate President Buhari – Presidency
- Atiku commends removal of fuel subsidy, laments time wasted
- Buhari extends NCC boss, Danbatta’s tenure
- Police arrest Abuja lawyer defending women in a sexual assault case amidst national protest against sexual violence