Estimated Reading Time: <1
Operatives of the of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, yesterday arrested a Bureau De Change operator and five other suspected money laundering syndicate for swallowing $156,000 (N31, 083, 000.00) at Excel Oriental Hotel along Airport Road, Lagos.
The six suspects were arrested in the hotel while they were busy swallowing the large sums of money with the intention of exporting $156,000 to Brazil.
Speaking on the arrest, the chairman of NDLEA, Ahmadu Giade, said the six suspected members of the group, including a Bureau de Change operator, had been apprehended in connection with swallowing $156,000.
Alhaji Giade further pointed out that the agency would track down suspected drug traffickers and currency launderers in a bid to rid the society of crimes.
According to him, operators of bureau de change who fail to work within the confines of the law establishing them shall be severely sanctioned.
- After 15 years, Shoprite considers ending its Nigeria operations
- In Ogun state, parents reject N25,000 COVID-19 test levy for returning students
- $125 million fraud: NNPC to take Mexican oil firm to court
- Taraba is the only state where nobody has died from COVID-19 according to NCDC data
- Breaking: Air Peace allegedly sacks most of its pilots over pay dispute
- Abia Governor sacks commissioner for transport, suspends others
- Lagos boat mishaps: Sack LASWA management, PDP asks Sanwo-Olu
- “Nigeria’s sovereignty may have been traded for foreign loans” – Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar raises alarm
- Osun Government says hotels, bars, and clubs violating COVID-19 protocol to pay N250, 000 fine
- COVID-19: Lagos state government to shut down Eti-Osa and Agidingbi isolation centres