Estimated Reading Time: <1
Bisi Alimi, born Ademola Iyandade Ojo Kazeem Alimi, is a Nigerian foremost gay rights activist, public speaker, blog writer and HIV/LGBT advocate who gained international attention when he became the first Nigerian to come out of the closet on television.
Bisi who since his declaration has been on the spotlight is engaged to Australian boo and the two are to get married next year according to Mr Alimi in a tweet announcing the news.
While in Australia, my boyfriend and I got engaged and we will be getting married next year. pic.twitter.com/D6rudfq1Av
— Bisi Alimi (@bisialimi) September 10, 2015
- House of Reps endorse Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, for World Trade Organisation DG
- Nigerian Army has approved new postings and appointments of 37 generals and five colonels
- FG Kicks off 774,000 Jobs programme suspended by the national assembly
- Senate passes bill prescribing life imprisonment for kidnappers – Removes gender restrictions, says men or women can be raped
- Governor Okowa, wife, daughter test negative for COVID-19
- Breaking: Bayelsa Governor Douye Diri wins at Supreme Court against Timi Alaibe
- Nigerian Government scrambles for oxygen as COVID-19 deaths rise
- Supreme Court affirms virtual court hearing
- Lagos asks striking doctors to resume work
- Nigeria’s Dapo Olorunyomi, honoured with the International Press Freedom award