Estimated Reading Time: <1
Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal Tambuwal of Sokoto State has approved the immediate dissolution of the 23 Local government Caretaker Committees.
Similarly, all the Secretaries in the 23 LGAs are relieved of their appointments.
A statement by the Governor’s spokesman, Malam Imam Imam, said Directors of Personnel management in the LGAs are now directed to take over the leadership of their respective Local Government Councils.
Meanwhile, Governor Tambuwal has approved the appointment of Professor Bashir Garba as the new Secretary to the State Government.
Until his new appointment, Professor Bashir was the Rector of the State Polytechnic.
Born on 6th June, 1966 in Minanata Area of Sokoto town, Professor Garba holds a Ph.D in Applied Chemistry, Msc in Applied Organic Chemistry, PGD in Management and Bsc in Applied Chemistry.
He attended Magajin Rafi Primary School, Sokoto from 1973 to 1979, Government Secondary Technical School, Talata Mafara from !979 to 1984, Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto and University of Jos, Plateau State.
The new SSG had served as the Director of Sokoto Energy Research Centre of the Usmanu Danfodio University between 1999 and 2005. Between 2006 and 2010, the new appointee served as the Director of Energy Management, Training and manpower Development at the Energy Commission of Nigeria (ECN).
He holds a national award of the Member of the Federal Republic (MFR).
Meanwhile, Governor Tambuwal has appointed Alhaji Abdullahi S. Danko as the Senior Special Assistant (SSA) on Public Affairs, and Hajiya Aisha Musa Maina as SSA on New Media.
Danko, a former chairman of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) in Sokoto State, hold B.Ed in History and Higher Diploma in Mass Communication from Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto.
Until his appointment as SSA Public Affairs, he was the Director of News in Rima Radio, Sokoto.
Hajiya Aisha is the current State Chairperson of the Nitional Association of Women Journalists (NAWOJ), Sokoto State Chapter. She holds a B.Ed in Primary Education from Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto and Certificate in Basic News Presentation from the FRCN Training School, Ikeja.
- Breaking: Nasarawa State Governor’s father hospitalised, governor’s residence, palace decontaminated
- Breaking: Video shows possible gory details of Policemen killed in Kogi bank robbery
- Covid 19: Refugee Commission and Sen Garba Mohammed’s selflessness during a global Pandemic
- Open Treasury: BudgIT identified faults, calls on government to fix it
- Activist Awosanya says advocacy efforts against Police brutality, other issues, yielding results
- Breaking: In Lagos; Worship centres to reopen June 19 – Says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Two Chinese miners abducted in Ebonyi
- B/Haram: Top commanders, logistic routes destroyed but attacks on soft targets persist – Army
- COVID-19: Ebonyi orders testing and decontamination for budget ministries
- Nigerian Lawmakers reject castration as punishment for rapists