Estimated Reading Time: <1
Vincent Enyeama’s mother has passed away it has emerged, hours after Nigeria coach Sunday Oliseh told media that the goalkeeper opted out of the Super Eagles ahead of their trip to Tanzania without an excuse.
Enyeama posted a message on his Instagram page on Wednesday afternoon apologizing to Nigeria fans but fell short of stating the reason for his absence.
However, it has been learnt that the goalkeeper’s parent died and it was the reason for his painfully written apology on Instagram.
“So sorry I won’t make it out there to wear this shirt,” Enyeama wrote alongside an artist’s impression of him in a Nigeria jersey.
“So sorry that I won’t be standing there singing the anthem of my sweet NIGERIA. #WEARENIGERIA.
“I wish that this darkness didn’t come in daylight. I wish that I could turn back the hand of time. I wish,I just wish that I could take away this pain. Let the rain wash away this pain,” the bereaved player concluded.
- Lagos State Police warn against rallies and protests on October 1
- Federal Executive Council estimates N13.08trn for 2021 fiscal year
- Buhari to address Nigerians for 60th Independence Anniversary
- Just In: Governor Ben Ayade gives out 54 SUVs to LG chairmen, deputies
- Breaking: Emirates airlines resumes flight Operations in Nigeria
- Here’s why the Lagos state Government is cancelling Independence day Parade
- Oba of Benin has asked the PDP not to control Godwin Obaseki
- Former Governor Ayodele Fayose says PDP must retire Olabode George
- Buhari swears in four new permanent secretaries
- Nigeria’s Petroleum Industry Bill passes first reading