Estimated Reading Time: <1
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, yesterday heralded a huge accomplishment of the social media site hitting over 1 billion users on a single day. This means that nearly 1 in 7 humans logged on-to Facebook on Monday, 24 August 2015.
In his post, Zuckerberg said, “On Monday, 1 in 7 people on Earth used Facebook to connect with their friends and family. When we talk about our financials, we use average numbers, but this is different. This was the first time we reached this milestone, and it’s just the beginning of connecting the whole world.
I’m so proud of our community for the progress we’ve made. Our community stands for giving every person a voice, for promoting understanding and for including everyone in the opportunities of our modern world.
A more open and connected world is a better world. It brings stronger relationships with those you love, a stronger economy with more opportunities, and a stronger society that reflects all of our values.
Thank you for being part of our community and for everything you’ve done to help us reach this milestone. I’m looking forward to seeing what we accomplish together.”
- Sharia court in Kano sentences 60 year old Man to death by stoning for Rape
- Former US Ambassador to Nigeria, Walter Carrington, Dies at 90
- How are bandits getting weapons? Buhari queries Service Chiefs
- UNILAG Vice-Chancellor, Ogundipe responds to sack notice. Says it is a ‘figment of the imagination’
- Borno Governor appoints new Chief Of Staff
- Insecurity: Allow responsible citizens carry weapons, Benue Governor tells FG
- Transportation costs might increase as Lagos government introduces new taxes
- Film Censors Board issues 30-day notice on mandatory content registration
- Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau, in a new audio condemns Kano death sentence
- After NewsWireNGR Exclusive, Nigerian Govt assures, ‘Air Peace will recall some sacked pilots’