Estimated Reading Time: <1
The NBC has banned some hit songs of certain Nigerian and foreign singers from being aired by the mass media.
Songs that have been banned before now include Shoki by Lil Kesh, Zule Zoo’s Kerewa, Konga’s Baby Konga among others.
They requested that media houses do not play these songs for different reasons ranging from obscene videos, vulgar lyrics, videos depicting violence, the promotion of an ostentatious lifestyle and indecent exposure among others.
Some of the artists affected include Olamide, Davido, Reminisce, Wizkid, Iyanya, Nicki Minaj, Lil Kesh and Phyno.
Find the complete lists of the songs banned earlier today……
- Special Report: Fighting COVID-19 in Nigeria but citizens are dying of other illnesses due to neglect
- Kwara Governor loses chief of staff to COVID-19
- Senate ammends Police Act, okays four-year single tenure for IGP
- Schools in Kenya to remain shut until 2021
- “The continued lockdown order on the places of worship is no longer acceptable and reasonably justified” – CAN Leadership tackles Lagos Govt
- EFCC witness, Sani Dauda, denies offering Shehu Sani $25,000 as bribe
- Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority suspends airline, grounds 15 aircraft
- Senate passes anti-sexual harassment bill
- Ibrahim Magu has been suspended as the acting EFCC boss
- Reps to investigate alleged withdrawal of $1.5 billion from NLNG account