Estimated Reading Time: <1
The FA Cup holders Arsenal won the Community Shield for a second season after defeating Premier League champions Chelsea at Wembley.
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain scored the winner with a powerful drive into the top corner with his weaker left foot.
Ramires headed wide unmarked from Loic Remy’s cross as Chelsea failed to hit the target before the break.
Eden Hazard skied a chance over the bar before Oscar’s free-kick was parried wide by Arsenal debutant Peter Cech.
It was the first time the former Chelsea goalkeeper had been called into action after 68 minutes and soon after he comfortably held on to Kurt Zouma’s header.
Arsenal went close late on through Santi Cazorla and Kieran Gibbs in a match where both sides looked rusty a week ahead of their Premier League opener.
- Uzodimma vs Okorocha: Eastern Palm University VC sacked
- Troops have rescued 13 citizens kidnapped by terrorists in Kaduna
- PHOTOS: Funeral Service for Chimamanda Adichie’s mother; Mrs Grace Ifeoma Adichie
- Buhari’s Presidency has surrendered “our nation to terrorists” – PDP
- 27 abducted students of the college of forestry, Kaduna have been released
- Federal Government begins process to deploy 5G Technology
- Father Mbaka resurfaces, allays supporters’ fears
- Facebook upholds decision to suspend Donald Trump from platform
- ‘We will all suffer if Nigeria is not better’ – Isa Pantami
- ‘We don’t have Father Mbaka’ – DSS responds