Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Chief of Army Staff, Major General Tukur Yusufu Buratai today approved the postings and appointments of 334 officers of the Nigerian Army officers with various effective dates. These include some Principal Staff Officers at Defence and Army Headquarters, Corps Commanders and General Officers Commanding as well as other commanders.
They include 37 Major Generals, 57 Brigadier Generals, 128 Colonels, several Lieutenants Colonels and others. Some of those affected were the General Officers Commanding 1, 2, 3, 81 and 82 Divisions, Operations Pulo Shield and Safe Haven of Niger Delta and Plateau States.
Some those affected includes Major General MA Koleoso who is now Commander TRADOC, Major General SN Muazu who moved from 2 Division to the Headquarters Infantry Corps and appointed Commander, Major General MT Ibrahim, from Department of Army Standard and Evaluation to Nigerian Defence Academy and appointed Commandant. Major General LKJ Ogunewe is now the Chief of Policy and Plans, Major General FO Alli, is now Chief of Training and Operations and Major General AA Salihu, Chief of Logistics. Others includes Major General AG Okunola, who now Commander of Operation PULO SHIELD (JTF) and Major General TC Ude, Commander, OPERATIONS SAFE HAVEN (STF Jos).
Others are Major General LW Wiwa now Deputy Commandant of Nigerian Armed Forces Resettlement Centre. Major General A Oyebade is now the General Officer Commanding 1 Division, Major General LC Ilo, General Officer Commanding 2 Division, Major General H Umaru, General Officer Commanding 3 Division, Major General IH Edet, General Officer Commanding 81 Division and Brigadier General I Attahiru is now the Acting General Officer Commanding 82 Division.
While Brigadier General AT Hamman is now the Acting Provost Marshal, Brigadier General LF Abdullahi, Acting Commander, Nigerian Army Education Corps and Colonel R Abubakar, Acting Director Defence Information, amongst others.
Colonel Sani Kukasheka Usman
Acting Director Army Public Relations
- After 15 years, Shoprite considers ending its Nigeria operations
- In Ogun state, parents reject N25,000 COVID-19 test levy for returning students
- $125 million fraud: NNPC to take Mexican oil firm to court
- Taraba is the only state where nobody has died from COVID-19 according to NCDC data
- Breaking: Air Peace allegedly sacks most of its pilots over pay dispute
- Abia Governor sacks commissioner for transport, suspends others
- Lagos boat mishaps: Sack LASWA management, PDP asks Sanwo-Olu
- “Nigeria’s sovereignty may have been traded for foreign loans” – Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar raises alarm
- Osun Government says hotels, bars, and clubs violating COVID-19 protocol to pay N250, 000 fine
- COVID-19: Lagos state government to shut down Eti-Osa and Agidingbi isolation centres