Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has granted wife of Senate President, Senator Bukola Saraki, Toyin, administrative bail after she was invited for a chat with the Commission for two days over allegation of corruption.
Toyin, who defied the early morning rain on Wednesday to continue with the chat she earlier on Tuesday had with the EFCC investigators, was later granted administrative bail after about five hours.
Sources at the EFCC tell THISDAY that Mrs. Saraki was invited by the Commission over large inflow of money into her private company during her husband’s tenure as Kwara state governor,
EFCC’s spokesperson, Wilson Uwujaren, who confirmed the bail to our reporter, explained that the administrative bail granted to the woman has not exonerated her from the offence she was accused of.
Uwujaren said Mrs. Saraki could be invited at any time necessary for further chat.
More details to follow…
- #EndSARS: Bayelsa Government Inaugurates Judicial Panel Of Inquiry
- Court rejects EFCC’s request for an arrest warrant for Diezani
- Prisoners who escaped from Edo prison rearrested for robbery and attempted murder
- Adamawa State: Police recovers 35 tractors from looted items, arrest over 200 suspects
- Government begins payment of N30,000 grants to 333,000 artisans
- Federal Government approves N2.9 billion for printing of National Examinations’ materials
- Borno Governor approves scholarship for orphans of Civilian JTF killed since 2013
- President Buhari launches 2021 Armed Forces, Remembrance Day emblem and appeal fund
- Returning looted goods may not save you from prosecution -Police say
- Osun Govt begins house-to-house search for stolen items