Estimated Reading Time: <1
A music graduate with absolutely no medical background was given work as a doctor in a prison and a GP’s surgery after stealing the identity of a fully-qualified doctor who had the same first name.
DailyMail reports that Oluwadamilola Opemuyi treated no fewer than 91 patients before being ousted as a fraudster.
The 39-year-old tricked employment agencies into believing she was Oluwadamilola Adeyo – a General Medical Council (GMC) registered GP – by providing false documents stating she was fully qualified, before supplying Mrs Adeyo’s registration number.
She also used a fake driving licence, marriage certificate and passport as she found work treating patients in five separate locations.
Applying for a position at a surgery in Southend, she told the practice manager that both of her parents were doctors. When asked where she saw herself in five years time, she replied by saying she may retrain as a brain surgeon. She was not offered a job.
In January, Middlesex based agency Meddoc Locums were duped by her bogus documents, taking her word that she was a doctor and hiring her for jobs around Britain.
She was given a position working at Elmley Prison in Kent, where she’d negotiated a fee of £500-a-day. She’d previously asked elsewhere for £2,000-an-hour.
Working across both HMP Elmley and HMP Swaleside – where GP services are provided by Minster Medical Group – Opemuyi treated dozens of inmates, despite having no clue about the medical profession.
Before time, however, both prisons received complaints about her work. When she bypassed prison protocols by increasing an inmate’s opiate-based drug, her contract was terminated.
- Bandits displace over 600, mostly women and children in Katsina, Buhari’s home state
- Late Abba Kyari “fingered” in the ‘face-off’ between Abike Dabiri-Erewa and Minister Pantami -Read this Letter
- Parents Who Enroll Children Into Almajiri System May Go To Jail – El-Rufai
- Manager of Demolished Prodest Hotel Among 27 New COVID-19 Cases In Rivers
- All I Always Wanted In The Music Space Is Consistency – iLLBliss
- N-Power Beneficiaries Say They Have Not Received April Payment, Dispute Minister’s Claims
- INEC To Create E-Platforms For Submission Of Nomination Forms In Edo & Ondo Elections
- Nigerian Govt issues circular warning senior officials against leaking documents
- US Government probes Nigeria’s Akinwunmi Adesina at Africa Development Bank
- NDDC: Who Is Afraid Of The President’s Order For A Forensic Audit?