Estimated Reading Time: <1
Boko Haram in an attempt to showcase its audacity, has attacked the Chief of Army Staff, General Buratai’s village.
Major General T.Y. Buratai had made a proclamation about terror group, Boko Haram, saying he and his army will work towards seeing the end of the Islamic sect in the north east part of Nigeria.
However, the dreaded Islamic sect took the bull by the horn by attacking Buratai village of Biu local government area, the home of the Army Chief, killing many and destroying houses including that of a former Commissioner, Barrister Isa Buratai.
“I cannot say how many were killed in the raid by Boko Haram because we left the town while they were still on it. I saw corpses and I saw the house of our former commissioner, Isa Buratai on fire. I don’t know about the people in the house, but about two corpses were seen along the way apart from many others that we saw, ” a fleeing local, Audi Bukar, told Dailypost.
Although attempts to get through to the former Commissioner of Sports, Barrister Isa Buratai to speak on the incident failed, a close associate of the Commissioner confirmed the incident.
- Bishop Kukah explains why Buhari makes it difficult for Nigerians to celebrate diversity
- Ondo 2020: Agboola plans to rig in Ilaje, says Akeredolu
- “I did not campaign against subsidy” – Pastor Tunde Bakare
- Fredrick Nwabufo: The injurious lies in Buhari’s Independence Day speech
- Protesters besiege the US embassy Abuja, demands Buhari’s resignation
- “Governance is not magic” – Babatunde Fashola says Nigerians are looking for results in the wrong place
- “It makes no sense for oil to be cheaper in Nigeria than in Saudi Arabia” – Buhari
- Just In: No fewer than 20 #RevolutionNow protesters arrested in Lagos
- Cheta Nwanze: Between the bar and the bench
- Tinubu says Lagos is an example of the success story of Nigeria