Estimated Reading Time: <1
President Muhammadu Buhari has appointed Writer and Social Media expert, Tolu Ogunlesi, as his Special Assistant on New Media.
Mr. Ogunlesi is one of Nigeria’s most active Twitter users who supported Buhari’s election in the 2015 general elections.
Before his appointment, he was a freelance writer, contributing articles to various publications, mostly abroad. He also syndicated opinion articles in many Nigerian newspapers.
Though the appointment of Mr Ogunlesi is yet to be announced, sources at the Presidential Villa Abuja said Tolu has gone through all the necessary security checks and only waiting for a public announcement..
He won the CNN award again in 2013 in another category. He was also shortlisted for the inaugural PEN/Studzinski literary prize.
- Justice Akon Ikpeme has been confirmed as Cross River State Chief Judge
- Nigeria has recorded its worst rating on Transparency International’s Corruption Perception Index
- Members of host communities broke into a fight at PIB public hearing
- Fact Check: Photo shared as evidence of Nigerian Army’s attack in Orlu is false
- Getting pregnant out of wedlock is embarrassing to the Police Force – Police PRO
- COVID-19: Federal Government cannot force anyone to take the vaccine – Sultan of Sokoto
- Wole Soyinka scolds National Assembly
- President Buhari has signed COVID-19 Regulations 2021; find the details here
- Amnesty International alleges continued police brutality
- NIMC suspends proposed strike