Estimated Reading Time: <1
The leadership of the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, in Osun State has directed workers in the state to resume the industrial action that was suspended on Monday evening. This is coming barely 24hours after it was suspended.
The workers had suspended their month-old strike after signing Memorandum of Understanding, detailing how they wanted their salaries to be paid, with the state government.
The state chairman of Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, Jacob Adekomi, in a television announcement monitored in Osogbo, last night, said workers should not resume as earlier directed.
Hours after civil servants in Osun State suspended the strike over non-payment of salaries, they accused the government of allegedly deceiving them to resume duties.
It was gathered that workers on grade level 1-7 in secondary schools and the civil service got full payment of their January salaries, while the senior officers got half salaries.
Also, primary and secondary schools’ pensioners were paid 50% of their pensions for months of January and November respectively.
Addressing the newsmen on the development, Adekomi, said the workers rejected the half salaries because it was in breach of the agreement reached by both parties.
He said NLC suspended the strike because it believed government would honour the agreement in the MoU the two parties signed.
- Fredrick Nwabufo: Lai; The most dangerous minister in Buhari’s cabinet
- Multinational Joint Task Force says Boko Haram is now recruiting child soldiers
- Court adjourns trial of Former AGF Mohammed Adoke, Abubakar
- Multiple port charges escalate cargo delay at terminals – NAGAFF
- How my pastor trafficked me to Russia for prostitution; A hair stylist’s harrowing experience highlights Nigeria’s human trafficking problem
- Breaking: NBC fines Nigeria Info FM N5m over Obadiah Mailaifa interview
- Magu’s lawyer writes probe panel, alleges ‘secrecy’ and violation of rights
- We raised hate speech fine to N5 million because when it was N500,000 people were reckless – Lai Mohammed
- Ooni Of Ife wants #BBNaija reality show replaced
- Police arraign two brothers over Flying Officer Tolu Arotile’s death