Estimated Reading Time: <1
World number one, Serena Williams has claimed her 6th Wimbledon Open title after beating 20th seed, Garbine Muguruza 6-4, 6-4 in the Womens’ final on Saturday.
Williams holds all four Grand Slam for the second time in her career and is just she’s just one Grand Slam away from matching Stefi Graf’s open-era record of 22 Grand Slams.
She won her first Wimbledon title in 2002 and went on to win in in 2003, 2009, 2010 and 2012.
- Breaking: 553 new Coronavirus cases reported in Nigeria, highest in a single day
- Kaduna: Group calls for FG’s intervention in Kajuru killings
- Nollywood Actress, Regina Daniels is having a baby with Ned Nwoko
- Infectious Diseases Bill more dangerous than coronavirus – Ekweremadu
- Ibrahim, President Muhammadu Buhari’s nephew, is dead
- Doctors threaten strike over non payment of COVID-19 Allowance
- 268 Nigerians arrive from China
- Niger State plans to modernise local Islamic schools
- “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”- Nigeria is haunted by the Biafran war
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English