Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Iyaloja-General of Ijebuland, Alhaja Sadia Elewuju has been assassinated by unknown gunmen at her residence on Wednesday in Ijebu Ode, ogun state, Southwest, Nigeria.
The 82-year old was besieged by six men who stormed her residence, a bungalow at about 3:00 pm yesterday.
The gunmen macheted their victim, cutting her recklessly. She reportedly died on her way to the hospital.
According to a source in Ijebu Ode, the outspoken Iyaloja was a very influential person who stood her ground on any matter. “She is always very vocal and fierce in her position on any matter. She has championed many causes for women especially the market women.
The source added that: “She’s very popular in political circles. The house she lived in was given to her by the former Ogun state governor, Otunba Gbenga Daniel.”
Elewuju was installed as Iyaloja of Ijebu Ode by the Awujale of Ijebu Ode, Oba Sikiru Kayode Adetona.
- Nigerian govt to stop doctors from leaving the country
- Just In: In a circular, Lagos directs level 12 civil servants, others to resume work
- Nigerian Soldiers did not dump bodies found inside Jos pond – DHQ
- “They said, Let the baby die” – Lady who lost her baby detained by SARS, narrates ordeal to lagos Judicial panel
- American hostage Philip Walton rescued in Nigeria by US Forces
- Delta State Government relaxes curfew from 8pm to 6am
- Former James Bond actor Sean Connery has died
- Osun State Government approves N30,000 minimum wage for workers
- 7, 194 police personnel deployed to Akwa Ibom as local government elections hold today
- New CBN report says consumers’ confidence in the economy dropped in Q3