Estimated Reading Time: <1
Janet Jackson was presented with the inaugural Ultimate Icon: Music Dance Visual prize at the 2015 BET Awards in Los Angeles on June 28. It was well-deserved and a moment we’ll never forget.
In her acceptance speech, she said, “This is so heavy. It’s been a very long journey to this moment. My heart is so full. Thank you God for making everything, anything possible. I’m so grateful for the support you’ve always given me. To my beautiful mother and my beautiful father. And to my entire family. Your love is unbreakable. My thanks to Jimmy and Terry for our incredible history. And to everyone who performed in the tribute tonight. 25 years ago, we created Rhythm Nation, hoping the world would be a better place. But today there’s even more to be done. And last but not least, to my loving husband, and to all the fans, I’ve missed you so much and I love you so much. Thank you. Thank you BET. Thank you,” Janet told the crowd while holding her trophy.
- Former NNPC GMD, Maikanti Baru, is Dead
- “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”- Nigeria is haunted by the Biafran war
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English
- President Buhari reconstitutes NNPC board
- We have worked hard for our COVID-19 free status- Cross River Govt
- Nigeria has failed to bring justice for mass atrocities committed during the Biafran war
- Six Airforce personnel jailed over Alex Badeh’s killing
- Former GMD of NNPC, Maikanti Baru is dead
- Obiano signs COVID-19 Prevention Bill into law
- APC accuses Bauchi Governor of starving state assembly of funds