Estimated Reading Time: <1
The National Broadcasting Commission (NBC), on Friday, urged the public to ignore radio Biafra transmission.
This was contained in a statement signed by the Director, Public Affairs of the commission, Alhaji Awwalu Salihu, made available to newsmen in Abuja.
The statement said the commission had become aware of a pirate radio station transmitting seditious and divisive content contrary to the provisions of the Nigeria Broadcasting Code and law.
It assured the public that it was working in conjunction with security forces to track the source of the broadcast.
It urged the public to ignore the inflammatory content of the broadcast and continue to work toward a strong, united and prosperous nation.
It would be recalled that Radio Biafra caused a stir on social media after it aired some ‘hate messages’.
“True Biafrans must go after the hausa Fulani Yorobber ethnic bigots and dismantle their monumental bundle of illegality and lies against Biafrans. Go after them on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Viber, Whatsapp etc and all the platforms you find yourselves. We have only told them to stop the decades of injustices against us and they having nightmares. The journey has just begun!” Radio Biafra published on Twitter and Facebook.
- Fredrick Nwabufo: IPOB/Oduduwa agitators’ alliance: Igbo, Yoruba were meant to be together
- Delta State AG and 136 other lawyers, shortlisted for rank of SAN
- Ibrahim Magu wants anyone who has ever offered him a bribe to “come out publicly”
- Nigeria’s presidential jet- one out of the fleet is up for sale
- Obaseki and PDP leaks false information to the media says Ize-Iyamu
- Humanitarian affairs minister, Sadiya Umar Farouq gets married
- UN at 75: Southern Kaduna And The Responsibility To Protect
- Yobe Governor appoints 30 social media aides
- Insincerity, Bad Faith and Isomorphic Mimicry: The Harmonised Police Bill 2020 in Focus
- Buhari will on Thursday depart Abuja for Bissau