Estimated Reading Time: <1
Speaker of the Osun State House of Assembly, Honourable Najeem Salaam, on Wednesday, confirmed that the state legislature had received a copy of the petition written by a serving judge in the state, Justice Oloyede Folahanmi, against Governor Rauf Aregbesola over non-payment of salaries.
Speaking during a chat with journalists in Osogbo, the state capital, on Wednesday, the Speaker said “I can confirm that the House received the petition. But, there is an ongoing strike action. So, for now, we cannot do anything serious on it.”
According to Salaam, “a copy of the petition had been sent to Governor Aregbesola for him to state his own defence.”
However, credible source within the legislature informed that the House had written another letter to the state governor requesting him to react to the content of the petition.
Speaking on the development, the Clerk of the House, Mr Mudashiru Oyeniran, also confirmed the receipt of the petition, stressing that work would begin on it at the appropriate time.
- Nigeria to review her foreign policy in order to reflect current realities
- “‘Indictment’ reinforces our position that the EFCC, under his watch, has been a huge scam” – PDP on Ibrahim Magu
- Ose Anenih: Change and the Institutionalisation of Corruption
- Imo Governor queries IMSU VC over non-payment of staff salaries
- FG cancels resumption of schools, withdraws unity schools from 2020 WASSCE
- PHOTOS: Domestic flights resume in Nigeria’s airports
- Airborne transmission of COVID-19 cannot be ruled out says WHO
- Breaking: Ondo Assembly suspends deputy speaker
- Just In: An explosion on Oil mining lease 40 operated by NNPC has killed workers
- Doctors in Cross River State suspend strike