Estimated Reading Time: <1
A fresh crisis rocks the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as Ayo Fayose, the governor of Ekiti state, has rejected Governor Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo state as chairman of the party’s Governors’ Forum.
Governor Fayose has allegedly rallied some other governors in the party to make a stand against Mimiko’s emergence.
The Nation reports that the governor has petitioned the PDP national leadership to intervene before the matter degenerates into a full-blown crisis.
Meanwhile, a source at the party’s national secretariat in Abuja confirmed the receipt of the petition against Mimiko and added that the PDP National Working Committee would be meeting the party’s governors today to resolve the crisis.
According to the dissatisfied governors, the choice of Mimiko did not follow due process on grounds that the Ondo state governor defected to the PDP only last year.
Mimiko was chosen the chairman of the Forum last week at the meeting of the PDP governors in Abuja, where only six out of 13 party’s governors and two deputies were present.
- Borno Governor suspends all staff of General Hospital for negligence
- Bauchi State Deputy Governor Tests Positive For COVID-19
- LASG says 4th Mainland Bridge construction will begin early 2021
- 18 Year Old Student Raped & Murdered In Ibadan
- Revised Budget: FG allocates 27.7 Billion to national assembly while health & education get over 40% cuts
- COVID-19: Nigerian scientists say they have developed a vaccine
- COVID-19 Update: Total infections rise To 10,819 as Nigeria records 241 new cases
- For allegedly confiscating N284.5m, Nasarawa State Assembly demands sack of SSG
- NCAA announce a number of airports where domestic flights will resume Operations in Nigeria
- Churches and Mosques remain closed in Lagos