Estimated Reading Time: <1
A fresh crisis rocks the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as Ayo Fayose, the governor of Ekiti state, has rejected Governor Olusegun Mimiko of Ondo state as chairman of the party’s Governors’ Forum.
Governor Fayose has allegedly rallied some other governors in the party to make a stand against Mimiko’s emergence.
The Nation reports that the governor has petitioned the PDP national leadership to intervene before the matter degenerates into a full-blown crisis.
Meanwhile, a source at the party’s national secretariat in Abuja confirmed the receipt of the petition against Mimiko and added that the PDP National Working Committee would be meeting the party’s governors today to resolve the crisis.
According to the dissatisfied governors, the choice of Mimiko did not follow due process on grounds that the Ondo state governor defected to the PDP only last year.
Mimiko was chosen the chairman of the Forum last week at the meeting of the PDP governors in Abuja, where only six out of 13 party’s governors and two deputies were present.
- Zamfara government tells clerics to persuade bandits to surrender arms
- Buhari orders MDAs, others to grant access to FIRS for tax collection
- Nigerian Railway launches N900 Million e-ticketing platform
- Blasphemy: Court acquits teenage boy sentenced to jail in Kano
- NIN is now compulsory for JAMB registration – Minister
- Nigeria’s education sector needs an enabling environment to thrive
- FG reappoints Usman as NPA Managing Director, names board for TCN
- Kano Governor Ganduje says Coronavirus test will be mandatory for anyone wishing to enter Kano State
- N6 million debt: Kaduna distribution board cuts off Electricity at the home of late Shehu Shagari
- Restructuring is not enough; we must change the constitution says Goodluck Jonathan