Estimated Reading Time: <1
My attention has been drawn to a tweet by a member of Upper chamber of the National Assembly Senator Ben Murray Bruce of the Peoples Democratic Party from Bayelsa saying he will not reject the alleged hefty pay for members of the National Assembly but collect it and donate to Osun workers.
It is saddening and tragic that Mr. Murray Bruce whom many had accorded a lot of respect is too early in the day joining the fray of politicisation and trivialising the salary issue affecting more than half of the states of the federation in this ridiculous manner.
While Nigerians are in hot debate over the alleged jumbo pay and the mood of the country Murray Bruce seems to have turned the plight of Nigerian workers to a thing of an entertainment.
Of all the states in the federation who are battling to pay salaries as a result of the precarious economic situation his party the PDP threw Nigeria into why is it that it is Osun he wants to take his pay to? This is certainly playing to the gallery and nothing but a mockery in the faces of Nigerian workers and not only of Osun extraction. It is not only wicked but ungodly to play politics with the suffering of the people.
If the Senator’s conscience tells him his pay is too high especially in the face of the prevailing economic predicament of Nigeria the most honourable thing to do is to lead a protest for reduction and not a self serving philanthropy only in the direction of Osun workers.
Director Bureau of Communication and Strategy
Office of the Governor Osogbo
- Breaking: NNPC raises alarm over contaminated diesel offered across Nigeria
- Going Green; Nigeria and sustainable architecture
- Gov Yahaya Bello lifts lockdown in Kabba-Bunu, insists Kogi Is COVID-19 free
- Nigerians should emulate President Buhari – Presidency
- Atiku commends removal of fuel subsidy, laments time wasted
- Buhari extends NCC boss, Danbatta’s tenure
- Police arrest Abuja lawyer defending women in a sexual assault case amidst national protest against sexual violence
- Appeal Court rules in favour of Audu Maikori, awards 10.5M in damages
- 3 Brothers Arrested For The Kidnap & Murder Of a 55 Year Old Mother In Abuja
- Covid-19: Kano commences house to house testing