Estimated Reading Time: <1
Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Senator Buruji Kashamu has come to the rescue of the suffering people of Osun state who are being owned seven months salaries by donating 30 trailers of rice to the 30 local government areas.
All Progressives Congress, APC, Governor Rauf Aregbesola had last week said the crisis of unresolved salaries to workers in the state is beyond him and the government to manage..
Prince Buruji kashamu has donated 30 trailers of rice to the people of Osun State to the starving Osun State workers who have been offered aide from Faith based organisation to alleviate the sufferings of the people as the government of Governor Rauf Aregbesola is not owing workers but Pensioners.
A source, who is close with Kashamu revealed that the Senator is pained by the turn out of events in the state as he has been having sleepless nights ever since because he feels the pain of the hungry people of Osun state which is as a result of the non-payment of their salaries, and for the retired civil servants, their pension.
Osun state has 30 local governments – hence, each local government will get one trailer of rice.
The trailers are currently en-route Osun state.
- Pope Francis appoints the auxiliary bishop of Onitsha Archdiocese, into Pontifical Council
- House of Reps endorse Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, for World Trade Organisation DG
- Nigerian Army has approved new postings and appointments of 37 generals and five colonels
- FG Kicks off 774,000 Jobs programme suspended by the national assembly
- Senate passes bill prescribing life imprisonment for kidnappers – Removes gender restrictions, says men or women can be raped
- Governor Okowa, wife, daughter test negative for COVID-19
- Breaking: Bayelsa Governor Douye Diri wins at Supreme Court against Timi Alaibe
- Nigerian Government scrambles for oxygen as COVID-19 deaths rise
- Supreme Court affirms virtual court hearing
- Lagos asks striking doctors to resume work