Estimated Reading Time: <1
The Police in Yobe State, on Monday confirmed the death of nine persons in twin bomb explosions which rocked Potiskum, the commercial nerve center of the State.
Mr Toyin Gbadegeshin, the Police Public Relations Officer, in Yobe, confirmed the explosions to the News Agency of Nigeria in Potiskum.
Gbadegeshin said one of the bombers targeted the vigilante office, killing seven persons, while two others died in the second explosion which occurred at Dorowa Ward in the town.
“At about 12.25hrs, twin suicide bombers struck at Dorowa at the vigilante office and near Lara filling station, killing Ado Kwamanda and six of his men.”
“Two people, including the bomber, died in the second attack,” he said.
NAN recalls that suspected insurgents attacked Babbangida, headquarters of Tarmuwa Local Government Area on Sunday, looted food stuff and burnt public and private structures, including stores.
- Breaking: Nasarawa State Governor’s father hospitalised, governor’s residence, palace decontaminated
- Breaking: Video shows possible gory details of Policemen killed in Kogi bank robbery
- Covid 19: Refugee Commission and Sen Garba Mohammed’s selflessness during a global Pandemic
- Open Treasury: BudgIT identified faults, calls on government to fix it
- Activist Awosanya says advocacy efforts against Police brutality, other issues, yielding results
- Breaking: In Lagos; Worship centres to reopen June 19 – Says Governor Sanwo-Olu
- Two Chinese miners abducted in Ebonyi
- B/Haram: Top commanders, logistic routes destroyed but attacks on soft targets persist – Army
- COVID-19: Ebonyi orders testing and decontamination for budget ministries
- Nigerian Lawmakers reject castration as punishment for rapists