Estimated Reading Time: <1
Babban Gida town, the headquarters of Tarmowa Local government area of Yobe state was in the early hours of Sunday attacked by suspected Boko Haram militants.
Resident said gunshots were heard and smokes going up in the sky.
Chairman, Tarmowa Local government area, Alhaji Samaila Mai Adamu confirmed the attack, saying the attackers had set many locations ablaze.
The attackers stormed the town around 6:00am shooting sporadically and burning government properties according to DailyTrust correspondent..
A resident in the town, Malam Yale babbangida said the attackers came through the eastern part of the town in a convoy and started shooting sporadically.
“We all scampered for safety but they are still burning government buildings. The local government secretariat and DPO’s house are among the places burnt down,” he said.
He said the insurgents were sighted by villagers coming through the eastern part of the town on Sunday.
- Coronavirus infections in Nigeria increased with 8,733 confirmed cases
- Federal Government set to release guidelines on school reopening
- Three proposed COVID-19 herbal cures identified for further investigation – FG
- Ekiti Assembly passes Tourism, Hospitality Licensing and Regulation Bill
- FG to amend National Endowment for the Arts Act
- Trading resumes in NSE after Eid-el-Fitr celebration with 0.07% growth
- Radio stations fined for violations against the Nigerian Broadcasting code
- Trump threatens to ‘close down’ social media after Twitter labelled two of his tweets “unsubstantiated”
- Breaking: In Edo State, Ize-Iyamu collects APC governorship form, and Governor Obaseki speaks
- “We dried our tears” – 17-year-old girl who escaped Boko Haram after being abducted and held in captivity for four years described life in the Sambisa forest