Estimated Reading Time: <1
Senator Nkechi Nwaogu, has dumped the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP for the All Progressives Congress, APC claiming that her former party has lost focus.
The former senator who represented Abia central senatorial zone for two terms 2007 to 2015 said she had to leave because the party has derailed
In a defection ceremony, which held yesterday at the campaign office of the governorship candidate of the APC in the 2015 election Chief Nyerere Anyim, in Umuahia that brought together some of the party’s chieftains and supporters, Senator Nwaogu said that she waited this long to see if the party could show any remorse.
“I had to leave because the party has derailed, because they have been in power since 1999 so they think it will continue like that, they failed to recognise that democracy has evolved and developed over the years and when a democratic party fails to be fair and just then it has derailed”.
- Buhari’s Fuji house of commotion
- Abike Dabiri accuses Minister, Ali Pantami of driving her staff out of NCC property –
- Buhari “regime” is pursuing political annihilation of the South – group alleges
- Two new cases of coronavirus recorded in Enugu State
- Social distancing was not fully enforced during the Eid prayers in Kano
- Nigeria confirms 265 new cases of COVID-19, totalling 7,526
- In Borno State Governor Zulum Attends Eid Prayers While Social Distancing
- President Buhari Celebrates Eid-El-Fitr Privately Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- Eid-el-Fitr: NSCDC Deploys 500 Officers In Yobe
- Kaduna State Healthcare Workers Begin 7-Day Warning Strike