Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Deji Abiodun
As we remember the June 12 struggle we are challenged to guard our hard won democratic freedom and prevent any hijack or abuse of the very principles of constitutional democracy, says All Progressives Congress National Leader, Bola Tinubu…
In a statement issued by Bola Tinubu’s Media Office in commemoration of the demise of Moshood Abiola, he said todays anniversary offers us another reminder that this country is one set for greatness.
“Chief Moshood Abiola the symbol of June 12 struggle is one of the greatest Nigerian to ever live. Through his life, we glean selfless service and commitment to people. Through his political struggle, we glean courage and incorrigible commitment to principles of the just, free and humane society.
Tinubu added that today’s Nigeria’s democracy thrives on the selfless sacrifices he made. His politics was without bitterness and rancor. His patriotism was devoid of tribal marks and nepotism.
“It will be said, here lies a man who did his duty on earth; it is what we should all strive for.”
“We owe it to Abiola and all the fallen patriots of the June 12 struggle to make sure our democracy never falters and this current government succeeds. We must also make sure that the People remain the focus of our policy and politics.
He concluded that this is the Commitment the new APC government has made to the people of this great country and by God’s grace we intend to keep it under the leadership of President Muhammadu Buhari.
- Wike of Rivers State has advised residents to be wary of air travellers from Abuja and Lagos – states with high coronavirus cases
- Oniru residents write Sanwo-olu over New Oba’s alleged use of thugs
- Just In: Nigeria develops, launches COVID-19 test kit
- The Vice President did not collect N4 Billion from Magu – Laolu Akande
- Federal government approves N108 billion for road projects
- Nigeria to review her foreign policy in order to reflect current realities
- “‘Indictment’ reinforces our position that the EFCC, under his watch, has been a huge scam” – PDP on Ibrahim Magu
- Ose Anenih: Change and the Institutionalisation of Corruption
- Imo Governor queries IMSU VC over non-payment of staff salaries
- FG cancels resumption of schools, withdraws unity schools from 2020 WASSCE