Estimated Reading Time: <1
In a bid to cut the costs of running government, Kaduna State governor Malam Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai has decided to reduce the number of commissioners to only 13, as against the 24 that were appointed by the previous government.
The governor will also place strict limits on the number of aides that the 13 commissioners can recruit to support the discharge of their duties.
El-Rufai has repeatedly stated that the Kaduna state government must direct more of its resources to delivering public services, and that such a move requires a reduction in the proportion consumed by government.
Accordingly, the Kaduna State government has announced the restructuring of its ministries from 19 to 13. This is intended to cut costs, spur efficiency and improve service delivery. The machinery of government will now be driven by the following ministries:1. Ministry of Justice;2. Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry;3. Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism;4. Ministry of Local Government;5. Ministry of Youth, Sports and Culture;6. Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources;7. Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development;8. Ministry of Water Resources;9. Ministry of Health and Human Services;10. Ministry of Education, Science and Technology;11. Ministry of Budget and Planning;12. Ministry of Finance and 13. Ministry of Works, Housing and Transport
The realignment of mandates has also resulted in the emergence of two new departments. The erstwhile Ministry of Lands, Survey and Country Planning is being moved to the Governor’s Office as a department. Similarly, the former Ministry of Rural and Community Development becomes a department in the Deputy Governor’s Office.
Also affected by the restructuring is the Ministry of Information whose functions have now being decentralized. Each ministry will henceforth have its own public relations unit attached to the office of its chief executive.
- #EndSARS: Bayelsa Government Inaugurates Judicial Panel Of Inquiry
- Court rejects EFCC’s request for an arrest warrant for Diezani
- Prisoners who escaped from Edo prison rearrested for robbery and attempted murder
- Adamawa State: Police recovers 35 tractors from looted items, arrest over 200 suspects
- Government begins payment of N30,000 grants to 333,000 artisans
- Federal Government approves N2.9 billion for printing of National Examinations’ materials
- Borno Governor approves scholarship for orphans of Civilian JTF killed since 2013
- President Buhari launches 2021 Armed Forces, Remembrance Day emblem and appeal fund
- Returning looted goods may not save you from prosecution -Police say
- Osun Govt begins house-to-house search for stolen items