Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Deji Abiodun
The Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has appointed the immediate past Minister of State for Trade and Investment, Kenneth Kobani, as Secretary to the Rivers State Government.
Kobani, a former Rivers Commissioner for Finance, who served in ex-President Goodluck Jonathan’s cabinet for about three months, hails from Bodo-Ogoni in Gokana local government area of the state and he is succeeding George Feyii, also an Ogoni.
Wike, a former Minister of State for Education, also appointed an ex-Chairman of Emohua LGA, Emeka Woke, an engineer, as the Chief of Staff, succeeding Chief Tony Okocha.
The new Rivers governor also appointed the Publisher of a Port Harcourt-based tabloid, Hard Truth, Opunabo Inko-Tariah, as his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, contrary to the insinuation that the Publisher of National Network local newspaper, Jerry Needam, would be so appointed.
Other persons appointed by Wike included Dr. A. J. Beredugo as Senior Special Assistant on Research and Documentation; Gilbert Nria and Imeh Fubara, as Senior Special Assistants, office of the Deputy Governor.
- Bauchi State government to rehabilitate Tafawa Balewa’s tomb
- University of Ibadan announces resumption, says first semester of 2020/2021 will hold virtually
- Buhari’s pigeons refused to fly at armed forces remembrance celebration
- Inflation rate hits 15.75% in December– highest in 39 months
- Cheta Nwanze: Remembrance day, the Nigerian Army has a murderous reputation
- Breaking: Former Bauchi lawmaker kidnapped
- 23 deaths and 1,479 new cases reported in one day as COVID-19 pandemic sweeps 25 Nigerian states
- LASU college of medicine shuts hostel after COVID-19 outbreak among students
- COVID-19: Nigeria is not considering another lockdown – FG
- Oyo Amotekun dismisses officer for killing 23-yr-old motorcyclist