Estimated Reading Time: <1
by Deji Abiodun
The Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has appointed the immediate past Minister of State for Trade and Investment, Kenneth Kobani, as Secretary to the Rivers State Government.
Kobani, a former Rivers Commissioner for Finance, who served in ex-President Goodluck Jonathan’s cabinet for about three months, hails from Bodo-Ogoni in Gokana local government area of the state and he is succeeding George Feyii, also an Ogoni.
Wike, a former Minister of State for Education, also appointed an ex-Chairman of Emohua LGA, Emeka Woke, an engineer, as the Chief of Staff, succeeding Chief Tony Okocha.
The new Rivers governor also appointed the Publisher of a Port Harcourt-based tabloid, Hard Truth, Opunabo Inko-Tariah, as his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, contrary to the insinuation that the Publisher of National Network local newspaper, Jerry Needam, would be so appointed.
Other persons appointed by Wike included Dr. A. J. Beredugo as Senior Special Assistant on Research and Documentation; Gilbert Nria and Imeh Fubara, as Senior Special Assistants, office of the Deputy Governor.
- Ibrahim Magu, former acting EFCC Chairman accused of failing to account for 332 real estate properties recovered
- Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami justifies approval to sell five sea vessels holding crude oil and diesel
- Human rights lawyer, Femi Falana denies receiving N28m from Ibrahim Magu
- “My involvement in that political process ended after the elections of 2011” – Sambo Dasuki denies campaigning for President Buhari in 2015
- UK denies Nigerian airline landing permit to evacuate stranded citizens
- Leader of ‘One Million Boys’ shot dead in Ibadan
- Doctors in Lagos State begin warning strike on Monday
- National Theatre handed over to bankers’ committee for renovation
- LASG seals 33 hotels, bars, restaurants, others for violating reopening protocols
- Bollywood Superstars Amitabh Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai Test Positive For COVID-19