Estimated Reading Time: <1
The National Emergency Management Agency ( NEMA) said 32 persons were killed in the Thursday night explosion near Jimeta Mordern market, Yola.
Confirming the figure to NAN on Friday in Yola, the NEMA Coordinator in the state, Alhaji Sa’ad Bello ,said 53 others were injured during the blast.
Bello said both the dead and injured victims had been taken to the Federal Medical Centre, Yola, and the Specialists Hospital, Yola.
He said most of the affected persons were roadside food vendors, meat sellers and fruit sellers.
The coordinator appealed to the public to donate blood to the respective hospitals to enable them save lives.
When contacted, the Public Relations Officer of the Adamawa Police Command, DSP Othman Abubakar, confirmed the incident but said he had yet to get details of the casualties.
- INEC To Create E-Platforms For Submission Of Nomination Forms In Edo & Ondo Elections
- Nigerian Govt issues circular warning senior officials against leaking documents
- US Government probes Nigeria’s Akinwunmi Adesina at Africa Development Bank
- NDDC: Who Is Afraid Of The President’s Order For A Forensic Audit?
- 35 suspected cultists involved in recent killings in Calabar declared wanted
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital Records First Case Of COVID-19
- To mark Eid-El Fitr, Governor Ganduje of Kano frees 294 inmates
- Barely 3 days after it was streamed on Netflix, Living in Bondage tops all Nollywood movies on the streaming service
- In Enugu, Catholic Bishop chased out worshippers without face masks out of church
- We have no money to import food — Buhari begs farmers to increase cultivation