Estimated Reading Time: <1
More than 70 people have died in a fire at a petrol station in Ghana’s capital, Accra, the fire service says.
The fire started as people in the city are trying to cope with two days of heavy rain, which has left many homeless and without power.
There are chaotic scenes in the city with many roads blocked off, the BBC’s Sammy Darko reports from Accra.
There are fears that the death toll from the fire could rise as the search for bodies continues.
- Just In: Nasarawa CAN chairman regains freedom
- An undergraduate, at the University of Benin, was raped in the Church #JusticeForUwa
- Breaking: 553 new Coronavirus cases reported in Nigeria, highest in a single day
- Kaduna: Group calls for FG’s intervention in Kajuru killings
- Nollywood Actress, Regina Daniels is having a baby with Ned Nwoko
- Infectious Diseases Bill more dangerous than coronavirus – Ekweremadu
- Ibrahim, President Muhammadu Buhari’s nephew, is dead
- Doctors threaten strike over non payment of COVID-19 Allowance
- 268 Nigerians arrive from China
- Niger State plans to modernise local Islamic schools