Estimated Reading Time: <1
By Chris Nomjov
A total of seven people have been killed and eight others injured, as yet another explosion occurred in Maiduguri, Borno State capital, Wednesday night. This attack is the fifth by Boko Haram insurgents and second this week, since President Muhammadu Buhari assumed office on May 29, 2015.
According to Channels TV, the bomb exploded on Wednesday night at a military check-point near a mechanic workshop, opposite sector one Military Base and NNPC mega station, on Baga road.
The report gives an account of what happened:
“Some suspicious looking young men were in a vehicle while approaching a check-point, they were stopped by soldiers who tried to search them in the process a bomb was detonated leading to the death of some people and destruction of vehicles around the check-point.”
- Katsina Governor, Masari, lifts ban on Juma’at and church services
- Confusion in Cross River as electoral commission issues 4 day notice for local govt election
- The bill to reduce 2020 budget has passed second reading
- Obasanjo rallies support for Adesina over AfDB allegations
- Lai Mohammed shares media strategy for Covid-19 awareness
- Gombe discharges 153 Almajiris after two weeks quarantine
- Breaking: NDDC shuts down headquarters – internal memo reveals why
- Central Bank of Nigeria cuts monetary policy rate to 12.5 percent
- British citizens in Nigeria to be evacuated to the UK – Geoffrey Onyeama
- 43% of Nigerians have lost their jobs since COVID-19, this study deserves your attention