Estimated Reading Time: <1
The All Progressives Congress (APC) is making moves to resolve the rift caused by the tussle over leadership of the upper and lower chambers of the National Assembly.
In a statement in Abuja on Tuesday by the APC National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party explained that it would meet with the federal lawmakers on Thursday.
“The All Progressives Congress (APC) will hold a crucial meeting with all its senators-elect and House of Representatives members-elect on Thursday, June 4 at the International Conference Centre in Abuja.
“The party will meet with its senators-elect at 10 a.m. while the meeting with its elected members of the House of Representatives is scheduled for 2 p.m. on the same day at the same venue.
It urged all the elected APC federal lawmakers to be punctual for the meetings.
NAN reports that the party, in preparing the lawmakers for the 8th Assembly, held a retreat for the lawmakers on May 22 and May 25.
- Nollywood Actress, Regina Daniels is having a baby with Ned Nwoko
- Infectious Diseases Bill more dangerous than coronavirus – Ekweremadu
- Ibrahim, President Muhammadu Buhari’s nephew, is dead
- Doctors threaten strike over non payment of COVID-19 Allowance
- 268 Nigerians arrive from China
- Niger State plans to modernise local Islamic schools
- “Destructive shadow of bitterness, we’re shackled by the sins of our fathers”- Nigeria is haunted by the Biafran war
- Nigeria’s Elnathan John, others to judge Kalahari short story competition open to writers in Swahili, French and English
- President Buhari reconstitutes NNPC board
- We have worked hard for our COVID-19 free status- Cross River Govt