Estimated Reading Time:
The newly sworn in governor of Abia State, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu, has said he will only wear made in Aba dresses all through his tenure.
Ikpeazu, made this disclosure at the Umuahia township Stadium while delivering his acceptance speech.
He said his decision was to patronise and promote made- in- Aba products, which when given the right exposure by the government, could compete favourably in the global market.
He pledged to turn the fortunes of Aba, the commercial nerve centre of the State around, adding that he will equip at least two hospitals in every local government area within his first 100 days in office.
Ikpeazu, on Saturday said that his government was ready to step on toes to change the status of the state for good.
during a thanksgiving service held in his honour at the Seventh Day Adventist Church, Eastern Union Conference Headquarters in Aba.
He, however, enjoined persons whose “legs are on the way to remove them before his arrival, in other not to have their toes stepped on”.
“I want God to make Abians to understand that if you want to eat an omelette, you must be ready to crack eggs. “I thank God that I am courageous enough to take these decisions. God being with me, I will serve Abia and the people of Nigeria with the fear of God.
“I will also take decisions that may not be very palatable but will let the guiding principle be, “Is it in the best interest of the greater majority of our people?’’ The governor noted that it was time to turn things in the state around, adding that it would no longer be business as usual. “We have travelled so long on the wrong path, probably by events not caused by governments but caused by our people.
“This is the time to turn around because this is not going to be business as usual. “We must change the way we think, the way we do things, the way we build our houses, we must have respect for our neighbours; in doing so, we will be more responsible,’’ he said.
Ikpeazu said that he came to the thanksgiving service to present his plans and programmes before God, so that He could touch Abians to take necessary steps to turn the state around.
He said he would report for duty in Aba on Monday and visit Umuahia on Tuesday, adding that he would take time to inspect roads in both places and in Arochukwu.
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by I Will Only Wear Aba-made Clothes During My Tenure – Governor Ikpeazu and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the post for any purpose.
- PDP Condemns the beheading of farmers in Zabarmari, Borno state by Boko Haram terrorists
- Here’s why Nigerians are to pay N4,000 monthly – Presidency
- Mai Mala Buni, Governor of Yobe, spends at least three days in his state
- Update: 110 civilians were killed by Boko Haram in the attack on a rice field in Borno State
- I’ve realized my mistakes: – Senator representing Borno, Ali Ndume, now knows the value of Ex-President Godluck Jonathan
- Breaking: Nigeria’s national electricity grid has collapsed
- Robbers attacked Ogun church, beat members to stupor, and kidnapped
- Northerners met in Kaduna to begin the search for Buhari’s successor
- Breaking: Villagers killed in fresh attacks and reprisals in Kaduna
- Explosives detonated at Governor Wike’s father’s Church in Port Harcourt